Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Beginnings

Or I should say To Begin Again....

More than half a lifetime ago I was introduced to "creative writing" and was hooked. I mean really, give a gal who can't speak up in general a way to express herself and don't expect her to cling to that means as a lifeline? No matter where I was, if I was thinking I was putting snippets of things on paper. There was no such thing as boredom, just time to write something else. Some things were beautiful, some are termed disturbing, but it was all about what I saw or felt at that point in time.

Of course as I got older and had other things I HAD to do, or lost the energy to gather my thoughts after running after a toddler, dealing with household stuff and dealing with illnesses. I also lost time and energy by getting involved in almost everything that piqued my interest. I mean I want to learn everything there is to know about everything. No I am not crazy. Just curious.

What WAS crazy was the thought that floated through my brain a couple of years ago. I remember sitting on my bed dejectedly wishing I had a way to reach out to the world. Why didn't I have a skill that would allow me to share my thoughts and ideas? See what happens when you take what you've always done for granted. It took a very good friend to smack me upside the head and ask why I wasn't WRITING for a living. Duh!

So here I am and hopefully the world is ready for me. I have very strong ideas on how things should work and how I should live my life. I know I will enrage some and offend others. Hopefully, I will also inspire some to think for themselves and question everything.

I will warn everyone now. I will write about whatever has my brain working on a given day and how I feel about it. I make no apologies for my ideas as it has taken me some time to come to terms with myself and I like who I am. My fantasy worlds and the stories that come out of them become richer because of my experiences and convictions. I am sure that no matter what I say here, most anyone will find something or someone they identify with in my Stories. Trust me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment